The Empowering Dad program is guided by the principles of Honesty, Compassion, and Accountability.
For Young Dads
Step Up Dads program serves young dads between the ages of 16 – 30 who have a child (may or may not have custody), want to be involved in their child’s life, and are willing to:
• Complete high school and maintain a passing grade, or
• Having completed grade 12, should be working or continuing their education
• Establish and progress towards their personal goals
• Maintain a relationship and meet with their mentors weekly
• Attend planned group activities or workshops as scheduled.
Empowering Dads is a mentorship program that offers:
• one-on-one relationship with a mature dad who will
help you to discover how to be a great dad and a positive role model for your child.
• Financial assistance in the form of weekly grocery vouchers
• A mentor who can offer emotional support and
be caring friend
• Weekly meetings with mentor (September – June)
• Goal setting – personal, educational, financial, physical, and spiritual
• Self-Esteem & Confidence Building
• Decision Making & Critical Thinking Skills
• Budgeting & Time Management
• Workshops – some topics may include:
• Information on parenting & co-parenting
• Legal issues – guardianship, separation
• Communication skills
The purpose of the Empowering Dads program is to empower young dads to become:
Interactive fathers, as well as
Provider and Protector fathers to their children.
To apply for this program, download the brochure by clicking on this link (Brochure), fill out and mail the provided information panel. You can also call the office at 250-376-4646 to make an appointment.
This program is offered by the Pregnancy Care Centre Kamloops. For more information about the Centre you can visit www.MyPregnancyChoices.ca.
For teen moms we offer the "Empowering Moms" program.